Faith in Action
"What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but do not have works? Faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead. But someone will say, 'You have faith and I have works.' Show me your faith apart from your works, and I by my works will show you my faith." James 2:14, 17-18
At United Christian Church, we know we are saved by grace, the free gift of God's love for all. But our response to that grace to is to "do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with God" in the world (Micah 6:8).
We are not merely consumers of grace, but God calls us as partners in the work of justice, peace, and compassion.
There are lots of ways this particular congregation seeks to respond to that call to love our neighbors in God's name:
- Our Open and Affirming Ministry, GLBT Advocacy, and PRIDE
- Bethany Food Pantry
- ARCH (Austin Resource Center for the Homeless) & Homeless Care Kits
- Baden-Powell Service Organization (Scouting for All)
- We Stand with our Muslim Neighbors
- The Period Party
- Refugee Resettlement
- Immigrant Advocacy
- Racial Justice Education and Witness
- Lenten Carbon Fast for Creation